HBS Club Invites Wharton to Cocktails with Neil H. Shah, President of Hersha Hospitality 5/16/17
Cocktails & Discussion with
Neil H. Shah, President & Chief Operating Officer
of Hersha Hospitality Trust (NYSE: HT)
Owners of Rittenhouse Hotel
Click HERE to Register
• Transforming a family business into an institutional one
• Creating and growing a business in a public vehicle
• Creating a growing a business with private equity
• Perspectives on Life and Career 20 years after School
• Investing in the Lodging Sector
Click HERE to view highlights of Hersha Group's Hotels.
Speaker Biography: Neil H. Shah
Neil is a founding partner of the Hersha Group. The Hersha Group sponsors businesses in construction, purchasing, and hotel management and investments. Today, Neil and brother Jay lead two distinct platforms in the hotel industry.
• Neil H. Shah is President and Chief Operating Officer of Hersha Hospitality Trust (HT: NYSE). Hersha Hospitality Trust is a self-advised publically traded real estate investment trust (REIT) in the hospitality sector, which owns and operates high quality upscale hotels in major gateway and resort markets across the U.S. Mr. Shah leads Hersha's hotel acquisitions, development, and asset management platforms. Across the last ten years, Mr. Shah has been instrumental in the acquisition and management of over $2 billion of hotel real estate in major markets. The Company’s 55 hotels are New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, DC, Miami, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley and Seattle. Since its formation in 1999, Hersha has outpaced the growth and total returns of comparable hospitality REITs. The Company's young, high quality assets, operational excellence and experienced management combined with a long-term strategy of focused investments in urban markets, industry-wide affiliations and unparalleled hospitality management savvy have positioned Hersha as one of the most recognized names in the hospitality industry.
• HHM (previously Hersha Hospitality Management) is an independent hotel operating company. HHM operates 120 hotels across the U.S. for institutional owners including HT, Starwood Capital Group, Blackstone, and Dune Real Estate. HHM has demonstrated, best in class capabilities in independent and lifestyle hotels and are preferred operators for Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, and intercontinental Hotels full and limited service brands. HHM serves as a fee based manager and co-investor in value add hotel investments across the U.S. HHM is one of the nation’s largest operators and brings to bear significant efficiencies through its clustered portfolio.
Mr. Shah serves on the Board of Trustees for the National Constitution Center and is a member of its investment committee. He is also a Trustee of the American Hotel and Lodging Association’s Educational Foundation and co-Chairman of the Institutional Real Estate Finance Advisory Council (IREFAC). He is a Research Sponsor at the Zell-Lurie Real Estate Center and a frequent guest lecturer at Wharton. Mr. Shah is also a longtime supporter of the United Way and a member of its Tocqueville Society.
Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2017
Time: 6:00 – 8:30pm
6:00 to 7:00 – Registration & cocktails
7:00 to 8:00 – Discussion
8:00 to 8:30 – Audience Q&A
Stratus Rooftop Lounge at the Hotel Monaco
433 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia PA 19106
Event will be held in the Vapor Pavilion of Stratus Rooftop Lounge.
Stratus is located on the 10th floor of the Hotel Monaco, entrance through the Main Lobby elevators.
Wharton Club Partner Members: $45