Career Related Websites
Check out the Wharton Alumni site. You can find information such as when the next homecoming is scheduled and how to get a lifelong Wharton email address.
There are substantial resources available to Wharton's undergraduate alumni at http://www.vpul.upenn.edu/careerservices/undergrad/whartonalumni.html.
The Wharton School’s MBA Career Management Office provides career services and has recently introduced the following features available online:
- Career Search - a powerful search tool for finding company contacts
- Execu-Planet Career Tools - a comprehensive alumni career resource portal
- Salary & Relocation Resources - resource for comparing salaries, negotiation and moving
- ExecuNet Career Letter - a monthly e-newsletter for Wharton Alumni with job market trends, recommendations of thought-provoking or helpful articles, a resource review and a helpful career tip.
- Career Coach Referral List - available to assist alumni successfully navigate job transitions, networking and professional development.
Go to the School's career site to obtain more complete information. There are many excellent links to well-researched Internet resources for job listings and career guidance. The site includes the school's job listings and the school's Alumni Database, also known as WAVE (Wharton Alumni Virtual Experience. "Catching the WAVE" may help you find long lost classmates and other Wharton alumni in addition to providing a life long e-mail address for you.
There are several excellent career-related sites on the Web. In addition to job leads, many contain ideas on varied aspects of the job-seeking process, from getting leads and drafting a better resume to handling tough interview questions.
A few of the more popular sites are:
- www.monster.com (one of most popular and most massive sites, living up to its name)
Reference librarians are a great resource in finding information, online or in print, that may assist you. You can gain access to the Wharton School's Lippincott Library.
Wharton Undergraduates are served by Penn Career Services; here is the link to the Penn Career Services website: http://www.vpul.upenn.edu/careerservices/