The Wharton Club of Philadelphia Presents:
How Legal Cannabis Will Impact You and Your Business - April 16, 2020
Projected to reach $35 billion by 2020 and one of the nations’ fastest growing business sectors,
the Cannabis and Hemp Industries present opportunities that will forever change how your business operates.
Learn from a panel of experts who will share how their businesses were created and how they entered the industry.
Discussion topics will cover:
• Differences between Medical and Adult Use Cannabis
• Differences between Cannabis and Hemp
• Domestic and Global Investment Opportunities in "plant Touching" and "non Plant Touching" Sectors
• Plight of the Professional/College Athlete
• Legal aspects for usage personally and in the workplace
• Why the term "exponential" growth in this industry
Here is a platform to ask your questions and become informed to position your business and personal opportunities in the future.
6:00 - 6:30pm -Registration and Cocktails
6:30 - 6:45pm -Presentation
6:45 - 7:30pm -Panel Presentation
7:30 - 8:00pm -Questions, Meet & Greet Panel
Steve Schain, Senior Lawyer at Hoban Law, presentation Cannabis 101 - overview of the industry
- Steve Schain, (Senior Counsel in Cannabis with Hoban Law);
- Victor Guadagnino Jr., (former internal medicine and cardiology practice bioethicist and Chief Business Development Officer of regional dispensary Keystone Canna Remedies);
- Lindy Snider, Founder/CEO of Lindi Skin LLC (first full line of skin care products for cancer patients, used in major cancer centers across the country) and cofounded Treehouse Global Ventures (fund raising capital for women-owned businesses in the medical marijuana space) and Athletes for Care
- Chris Leavy, Partner at Shire Capital Advisors. Former MedMan cofounder. Chris brings years of experience in asset management with Morgan Stanley, Oppenheimer Funds and Blackrock.
MC for the evening:
Debbie Mohr Geffken, former PHLX derivatives trader and PHLX Board member, trading on behalf of member firms including her own firm, Mohr Options Inc. Debbie is currently an entrepreneur, innovating and mentoring for social impact in a myriad of sectors from Cannabis/Hemp to the Arts. Wharton AMP 71
Date: Thursday, April 16, 2020
Location: WeWork, 1900 Market Street, Philadelphia
Cost: Wharton Club Members: $30 per person
Non-Members: $40 per person
Light food, beer and wine will be served.
48 Hours Cancellation Notice is required for all refunds.
Scroll down to purchase tickets.